AWG Price Today
AurusGOLD price today is $59.19 with a 24-hour trading volume of $7.10. AWG price is up 0.0% in the last 24 hours. It has a circulating supply of 0 AWG coins and a total supply of 41.7 Thousand. If you are looking to buy or sell AurusGOLD, CEX.IO is currently the most active exchange.
What was the highest price for AurusGOLD?
AurusGOLD hit an all time high of $596.60 on Sep 10, 2020 (almost 2 years).
What was the lowest price for AurusGOLD?
AurusGOLD had an all time low of $1.67 on Sep 28, 2020 (over 1 year).
What was the 24 hour trading volume of AurusGOLD?
The 24 hour trading volume of AurusGOLD is $7.10.
Where can AurusGOLD be traded?
What Is AurusGOLD (AWG)?
AurusGOLD (AWG) is a gold-backed stablecoin on the Ethereum blockchain that is minted by a network of esteemed traders from the traditional gold market. Each AWG token is 1:1 collateralized by, and redeemable for 1 gram of 99.99% LBMA-accredited gold, stored in fully audited and insured vaults. 50% of the transaction fees generated by AWG are distributed to the holders of AurusDeFi (AWX).
What are the benefits of AurusGOLD?
AurusGOLD is a highly portable, transferable, and liquid digital asset. It has the advantages of physically allocated gold, but does not have the drawbacks of limited transportability or high storage costs usually associated with it. Instead, it has the divisibility, fungibility, and tradability of any digital asset like Bitcoin.
Free of recurring storage or management fees, AWG offers investors of any size a convenient and cost-effective alternative to traditional gold products, with the additional benefits of real-time 24/7 trading, cryptographically secure instant settlements, and fewer intermediaries.
With AurusGOLD, investors can enjoy:
- Cost-efficient gold accumulation, at fractions above spot market price and grams at a time.
- Hassle-free storage: carry any amount of gold safely in your pocket by using a digital wallet.
- Frictionless transactions: send cents worth of gold, virtually instantly across the world at minimal fees.
- Access to global liquidity: buy and sell gold 24/7, at the convenience of your mobile phone.
What makes AurusGOLD Unique?
AurusGOLD (AWG) was created with sustainability in mind. AWG tokens are independently minted by a global network of established precious metals refineries, vaults and traders that participate in the Aurus Ecosystem. Aurus’ decentralized approach to tokenization ensures that the company can never “touch” or influence the gold traded or vaulted, meaning investors are not subject to a single point of failure.
Aurus embraces the decentralized nature of blockchain: DeFi. Holders can (soon) earn a yield on their gold (AWG) holdings by providing liquidity to decentralized exchanges (DEX) trading pools. This, for the first time, positions gold as a productive, yield-bearing asset.
Where Can You Buy AurusGOLD?
AurusGOLD can be bought from various Aurus partnered exchanges and precious metals dealers, with multiple fiat and crypto trading pairs available.
What Is Aurus?
Aurus the company behind AurusGOLD (AWG), was founded in 2018 and provides the software, network and blockchain infrastructure for global precious metals businesses and financial institutions to merge with the future of finance, in the form of DeFi and Web3 applications. The Aurus platform empowers a global network of precious metals providers, vaults and dealers to autonomously tokenize physical gold, silver, and platinum bullions into AurusGOLD, AurusSILVER and AurusPLATINUM.
Aurus is setting out to create a more inclusive and efficient precious metals market - democratizing access to gold, silver, and platinum for retail and institutional investors alike.
The Aurus Ecosystem
The Aurus Ecosystem is a highly scalable, self-sustaining global network of precious metals providers, vaults and distributors (Aurica Precious Metals, Aga Bullion, Direct Bullion, etc.) that interact with the Aurus blockchain platform to independently mint and distribute precious metals-backed tokens globally.
Value proposition and the pain point that Aurus solves:
B2C - Previously, the only way to invest in gold involved buying from a bullion dealer for a premium and paying storage fees, or through an ETF. While ETFs provide price exposure, they do not represent ownership of physically allocated metals and cannot be redeemed. AWG is based on blockchain-based technology, which allows for many contrasting characteristics and makes gold accessible to a wider audience. The technology allows for: 24/7 trading; fiat/crypto exchange listsings; peer-to-peer transfers; instantaneous settlement on all transactions.
B2B - Aurus doesn’t compete, it collaborates with traditional precious metals industry players, providing access to high-tech products, a huge addressable market, and passive revenues. Aurus empowers Bullion dealers to offer a new and innovative digital product and execute frictionless instant settlements enabling them to expand into new market geographics and demographics, and access new recurring revenue streams (instead of one-off premiums).
The Aurus Team
Aurus is led by a strong team of commodity and financial industry veterans. See full team here.
- Guido van Stijn - Managing Director
- Mark Gesterkamp - Business Development
- Dan Cearnau - Chief Technological Officer
- Jonathan Boyd - Global Institutional Markets
Board of Non-executive Advisors:
- Tony Dobra - Tony is a 40-year veteran of the precious metals industry. Working as a physical and derivatives trader in London, Frankfurt, Hong Kong and Luxembourg. He was then the Director of UK’s largest gold refinery, Baird & Co. for ten years.
- Jason Toussaint - Jason has deep experience in asset management, precious metals, and fintech industries. He was previously CEO of SPDR Gold Shares (GLD), the world’s largest gold ETF, where he led the growth in assets to over $78 billion. He was also Managing Director and Global Head of Investment at the World Gold Council.
- Grant Angwin - Grant is a 30+ year precious metals industry veteran, having held senior management positions at Johnson Matthey, including President of the North American gold and silver business. He was President of Asahi Refining and has held various roles at global industry associations, including Chairman of the LBMA.
- Rex Johnson - Rex has extensive experience working in the Finance industry holding a number of senior trading and broking positions. He has been involved in multiple cryptocurrency start-ups and was previously a board member of an FCA-regulated physical Gold trading company.