Cardstack is an open-source framework and consensus protocol that makes blockchains usable and scalable for the mass market, creating a decentralized software ecosystem that can challenge today’s digital superpowers. Cardstack’s approach to decentralizaton lets self-sovereign users act as their own hub, so that interactions with applications and services running on networks of different topologies flow through a software stack controlled by the users.
The Cardstack Foundation is a non-profit foundation based in the Canton of Zug, Switzerland. Its goal is to promote and develop the Cardstack software, architecture, protocol, and applications. The Foundation can support and finance research and development activities that promote the Cardstack software, architecture, and protocol. It will be responsible for the planned fundraiser and ensure that the funds raised are budgeted and allocated to fulfill its founding charter.
• Proof-of-Burn: Proof-of-Burn – also referred to as burn signal – is the evidence of the redemption of Cardstack Application services, through the expenditure of SSC by a Cardstack Application, over a period of time. A big amount of SSC burned means that an application is economically active at the time of usage; ideally, a large number of SSC burned by the network as a whole should be reflected in the size of the reward pool.
- Act as steward for the continual development and improvement of the Cardstack software, architecture, and protocols
- Encourage the publishing of open-source code, data formats, and documentation within the Cardstack ecosystem
- Facilitate a well-functioning market that encourages adoption and usage of the Cardstack software, architecture, and protocols
- Develop and refine economic and statistical models, which guarantee a fair allocation of rewards to the participants of the Cardstack ecosystem
- Educate the world on the value of the Cardstack approach through advocacy, training, events, and all other means of communication
- Fund pioneering research initiatives that can unlock the potential of the ecosystem
- Support the Foundation’s continuous operation through direct or indirect contributions from users
- Design and implement cryptography-based trust models that reward good-faith actors and resist attacks from bad actors
- Foster an inclusive, welcoming community of contributors who believe in tolerance, respect, inclusion, and hard work
- Delegate the responsibilities to carry out the functions of the Foundation through the selection of competent agents around the world
|Ian Balina||Not Interested|