Senior Software Engineer (L3)
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 6000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 100 million pageviews in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation in order to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
We practice transparent salaries and a level structure at CoinGecko:
- The salary for this position is RM13,188.
- Learn more about our level structure at CoinGecko's Career Progression.
As part of the CoinGecko engineering team. You will be part of the team that :
- Solves unique and large scale technical problems.
- Builds the next generation of systems to make cryptocurrency data accessible to everyone across the globe at scale on the web and mobile (iOS & Android).
- Develop and scale the CoinGecko Data API that currently powers some of the biggest brands in the space.
- Manages infrastructure that is running in the cloud (Amazon Web Services & Google Cloud).
- Research and development of decentralized apps, Web3, and Solidity smart contracts on the blockchain network.
What you'll be doing
- Work with our engineering team and product managers to ship products
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our backend systems
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers
What we look for in you:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You have keen interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and smart contracts.
Nice to haves:
- You have gone through a rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size)
- You have experience with Blockchains (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.)
- You've built financial, high reliability, and large dataset systems.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
- Meal Allowance: You will be given a set amount each quarter to claim for your meals.
- WFH Set-up: You will be given a set amount each quarter to claim for your wfh set-up.
- Transport Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance to ease the cost of travelling.
- Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work your own hours.
- Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive.
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: We provide life, medical, and critical illness insurance.
- Learning Allowance: You will be given an annual budget of USD500 to help you continuously learn in the pursuit of your professional and personal development.
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!