Software Engineer (DevOps)
Petaling Jaya, Selangor - Full Time
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 6000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 100 million pageviews in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation in order to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
We practice transparent salaries and a level structure at CoinGecko:
- L1 Salary: RM6,763
- L2 Salary: RM9,017
- L3 Salary: RM12,061
- L4 Salary: RM14,992
- L5 Salary: RM18,824
- Learn more about our level structure at CoinGecko's Career Progression.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with our engineering team and product managers to identify and resolve system issues.
- Work with our engineering team to explore and create new design/architectures geared towards scale and performance.
- Optimise the cost of our infrastructure and tooling.
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development quality and speed.
- Provide technical guidance on CI/CD and DevOps practice.
What we look for in you:
- You have at least 3+ years of experience as a DevOps, Infrastructure, or Site Reliability Engineer and have operated in cloud environments (AWS preferred).
- You have experience with RDBMS such as Postgresql and Mysql.
- You have experience with DNS services such as AWS Cloudfront, Cloudflare, and Fastly.
- You have experience with microservice architectures.
- Highly proficient with Linux Systems Administration.
- Experience in container management and orchestration tools like ECS, Kubernetes, and Mesos is a strong plus.
- Experience in time-series data (eg. stock charts market data) is a strong plus.
- Real passion for data, new data technologies, and discovering new and interesting solutions to the company’s data needs.
- You can easily pick up new technologies and are keen to expand your knowledge.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
Meal Allowance: You will be given a set amount each quarter to claim for your meals.
WFH Set-up: You will be given a set amount each quarter to claim for your wfh set-up.
Transport Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance to ease the cost of travelling.
Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work your own hours.
Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive.
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: We provide life, medical, and critical illness insurance.
Learning Allowance: You will be given an annual budget of USD500 to help you continuously learn in the pursuit of your professional and personal development.
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!