CoinGecko Ad Policy
We work hard to ensure that the information presented on CoinGecko brings value to our users. Our advertising policies are designed not only to abide by laws but to ensure a safe and positive experience for our users. As such, our policies prohibit some content that we believe to be harmful to users.
We are aware that there are malicious individuals posing as CoinGecko representatives offering advertisements, partnerships, exchange or coin/token listing. If you suspect that you may be a victim of a scam, please contact us via our official channels:
NOTE: Exchange and Coin/Token listing is FREE. CoinGecko does not charge for listings and you cannot buy listings through ad spend. To request for Exchange or Coin/Token listing, please fill up this form: https://www.coingecko.com/request
When advertisers choose to promote their content on CoinGecko, their content is subject to an approval process. This approval process is used by CoinGecko to ensure that advertisers are complying with our advertising policies.
1. Campaign considerations
- Eligibility for ads on CoinGecko: Potential advertisers must meet certain criteria in order to be eligible to promote their content.
- Illegal products and services: CoinGecko prohibits the advertising and promotion of products, services, or activities considered illegal in a given jurisdiction.
- URL requirements for advertising: CoinGecko prohibits the promotion of URLs (links) within promoted content that creates a disruptive or misleading user experience. These requirements are in place to ensure that users have a positive user experience with ads on CoinGecko.
2. Prohibited Content
- Adult/Sexual Content
- Alcohol Content
- Copyright and Trademark Infringing Content
- Counterfeit Goods
- Drugs and Drugs Paraphernalia
- Hateful content
- Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Products and Services
- Political Content
- State Media
- Tobacco and Tobacco Accessories
- Weapons and Weapon Accessories
- Unacceptable Business Practices
CoinGecko reserves the right to revise, reclassify, edit or reject any Ad Material or any portion thereof at any time. CoinGecko at all times reserves the right to refuse to publish any Ad for any reason and regardless of whether any such Ad Material was previously accepted by Publisher.
Advertising Process Flow
1. Email email@example.com and inform us which ad unit you are interested in, campaign start / end date, how many impressions you would like to purchase, and any Country or Coin targeting.
2. We will revert with a quote for you. If you are agreeable with our quote, do provide us with your company name, address and let us know if you prefer to pay in BTC, ETH or USD Bank Transfer.
3. Once the quotation has been agreed upon, we will send you an Insertion Order for confirmation.
4. The invoice with payment details will be sent once the Insertion Order has been signed off.
5. Once payment is received, do share your creatives with CoinGecko for ad trafficking and let us know your ad reporting frequency (daily, weekly, monthly, or end-of-campaign).
6. We use Google DFP as our ad server. All ads must comply with Google DFP policies. CoinGecko reserves the right to reject any advertiser, creative, link or content. Banners must be in PNG, JPG, GIF, or HTML5 format and be less than 500kb in file size.
7. All purchased ads are non-refundable except for the situation where CoinGecko rejects the advertiser.
1. What payment methods are accepted?
CoinGecko accepts BTC, ETH, and USD Bank Transfer. We do not accept credit card payments.
2. Is there a minimum purchase?
We recommend a minimum budget of $2,000 to start but we may be open to test out a smaller budget on a case-by-case basis.
3. How fast can an ad be served or changed on CoinGecko?
We require 2 working days to serve an ad or to make any ad changes on CoinGecko. That being said, we strive to fulfil all requests as fast as possible and in most situations, we can complete the requests within 12 hours on a weekday.
4. Can I get a report of my ad performance?
CoinGecko can provide a report of ad performance upon request. Daily or weekly automated email reporting can also be arranged directly from our Google DFP ad server.
5. Can I run multiple banners?
Yes, you can run multiple banners to A/B test. We can allow Google DFP to optimize the campaign performance and select the better performing banner or set the banners to serve evenly. We can also arrange different banners to be targeted for different coins or countries.
6. Are there additional costs for Coin or Country targeting?
At the moment, there is no additional cost to add Coin or Country targeting